Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 23, 2009

Our Fun Day event went better than we'd dared to hope!




For the frog and turtle races, I hadn't really expected so many kids. We ended up with somewhere around 25-30 and I split them into two age groups, so there would be room for everyone. You can see that my mom did her best to make sure her grandkids got first and second, by having them pick up their turtles and racing across the finish line. Unfortunately I put a fly in the ointment by disqualifying them both. (*Shame on mommy!)




And the cake walk was a riot! At a quarter a try, it was packed and everyone was hooping and hollering and laughing at the antics of everyone else!




The inflatable rides were also very popular and I was busy for most of the day.




After the meal, we had a water balloon contest. I think the kids enjoyed breaking their balloons on their partners and they didn't care who won, just so long as they got wet.



Eli slept in my arms for a good portion of the day, and when he woke up, all he wanted to do was ride the train. The "conductor" even let him take a turn at driving and ringing the bell.

It was great to see the community out supporting each other and the 4-H kids. It had been a long time since the town had had an event like this one. Too long! We're hoping next year will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment