Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 1, 2009

Today was definitely April Fool's Day . . . except there wasn't any joking going on. It started with a misunderstanding between the mortgage company and the insurance company. The insurance company, along with myself, were under the impression that our taxes and insurance were in escrow . . . and when our house insurance was due to lapse, the insurance company called me and I went in and paid it . . . AFTER I had already sent the money to the mortgage company to cover the insurance charges. Nothing like doling out double our yearly house insurance to put the finances in an uproar. But it's all good . . . and maybe we'll end up saving $10, 000 to $15,000 on interest by ending up paying so much on the principal early on . . . (yeah, right!)




After that little shocker . . . I needed some therapy. Paint therapy that is . . . I ended up finishing up the trim and putting the first coat on two of our pantry doors. It looks like we're well on our way to moving in next week! I can't wait to get the bedrooms put together!

And I was so busy painting, I almost forgot our City Council meeting! My sister-in-law and I are officially in charge of the local Fun Days event scheduled for May 23! I hope it's a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment