Monday, July 6, 2009

July 2, 2009

This afternoon we decided to hit the beach, before having our annual Independence Day get-together. Since Dave works this weekend, we decided to cram all of our summer kick-off activities into one afternoon/evening. A little trip to the beach . . .

where the kids played and splashed for a couple of hours . . .

Eli decided to show a little "Independence" spirit of his own by not wanting anyone to help him, while he took off like he was born to swim. I'm coming to find that the boy has more of his momma in him, than I initially thought. I'm afraid he's going to out-do his sister when it comes to sports and coordination type activities.

Next time we hit the beach, I guess I'll just have to put my camera down and go out and participate. Hopefully I can teach my little girl a little more about the basics of swimming. Daddy just can't seem to explain it well enough for her to grasp. She sinks like lead . . .

After our trip to the beach we stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items for grilling. I mean . . . what's a 4th of July celebration without grilled burgers and hot dogs?

While Dave was grilling, Eli and the girls took turns with the Gator and played some Frisbee . . .

and THEN it was finally time for the fireworks! I think the kids enjoyed the sparklers the most. The large pretty fireworks didn't hold nearly as much enjoyment as the one's they could actually hold in their hands.

It was a good day and I'm so glad we live in the great U.S. of A., where we have the freedom to celebrate all the simple things that life hands our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment