Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 22, 2009

We tackled another trip to Branson before the back to school rush. We took a different route this time and I think the scenery was much more striking . . .



One of the main things we wanted to do, was visit Silver Dollar City and watch the Veggie Tales production of Pa Grape's Contraption of Silliness. I have to say it was very entertaining and the singers/dancers were extremely good. Both kids sat transfixed through the whole show.



This was the first time any of us had a chance to see Veggie Tales in a "LIVE" setting and the kids even got to meet Larry and Bob.



After we finished up with Bob and Larry, we all headed off to ride one of the water rides. We stood in line for about 45 minutes before we actually went on the 5 minute ride, but we did indeed get soaked, as promised. (I took a few shots with my cell phone of Dave and Eli getting doused.) Then we headed off to catch the last Marvel Cave Tour. We learned lots of interesting things during our meandering up and down the 600 plus stairs, but I have to say my favorite part was the "Waterfall Room". It's kind of wild to think that we were all over 500 feet below ground in a cave that has yet to be completely explored. We only saw one bat (thank goodness), and my calf muscles are going to be screaming weeks from now, I'm sure. But it was well worth the effort!



When we finished up at the cave, we walked around several of the Kid's Fest activities and let the kids play in the sand, the magnets and all the fun kiddy things.



I insisted on getting some pictures in front of the waterfall before we left, and I think you can tell by the photo that everyone was pretty worn out at this point. I don't know how many total steps I racked up today, but at Silver Dollar City alone, I hit 7,009 steps before finally collapsing into the passenger seat of the Jeep. WHEW! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment