Monday, October 19, 2009

October 18, 2009

I spotted a hint of frost on the pumpkin this morning, and seeing the sun out again was an added bonus.



In Sunday School, Eli plays in a bag of toys, while I teach the older kids. Today he picked up the phone and called Jesus. How precious is THAT?!




As for the girls . . . we studied about Stephen. One of first people to die for Jesus' sake.




I've stopped trying to be so rigid in getting these lessons across to the girls, as I want to make it more fun and interesting for them. So I've gotten very casual about letting them color coloring book pages while I read a story and then we just do some question and answer stuff. I'm hoping that by the time we finish this quarter, the girls will both have a better concept of prayer and who God really is. Bayleigh has the basics down, but my little niece isn't quite sure what to think of it all. And it wouldn't hurt my little girl to get a refresher either!



And maybe I can work with Eli on memorizing some verses, like the "big" girls.



On the way home, I decided to take "the road less traveled", to enjoy some of the fall scenery.




I was surprised and a little disappointed, that the trees weren't as vivid as I would have liked, but taking the kids across the old bridge was a treat in itself.

After the kids ate and changed into their everyday clothes, Bayleigh went over to visit grandma and play with Kasey, while Eli and I attempted to nap. Eli got his nap in, but as soon as I dozed off, the doorbell rang. The neighbor stopped by to verify some directions, and not long after that another neighbor stopped by to pick up a pair of my old tennis shoes for one of her foster kids, and a little while after that, the preacher called to discuss some church business. I gave up on my nap and worked upstairs sorting and purging more scrapbooking stuff. And I'm glad I did. I feel like I'm finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment