Friday, January 1, 2010

December 30, 2009

I'm glad we made it home last night before this started . . .



Thankfully it wasn't too slick, and we made it to the kid's dentist appointments on time. 

I took my camera along for photos, unfortunately my back-up battery wasn't cooperating and I had NO power.  I stopped at a camera shop to have it checked, to make sure my "baby" wasn't broken, and thankfully a defective battery was all that was wrong.  Talk about giving me an icky feeling in my gut . . .

And speaking of icky feelings . . . after the kids got out of their appointments, we FINALLY headed off to eat lunch around 2:30 p.m.  Eli kept complaining that his throat hurt and his tummy hurt, but I just put it down to the tooth cleaning/flouride application.  He WASN'T kidding.  As soon as we pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant, he threw up all over himself, and his car seat.  Needless to say, the rest of the trip in the car wasn't pleasant.  (After his little episode in the car, I changed him into new clothes and he felt just fine, so we did indeed get to eat.)

We made the stop at Border's Bookstore that we needed to make, and I got to run into Hobby Lobby on the way out of town. 




I picked up a picture frame, for that picture of Claudia's, that I've been wanting to hang up in my retreat . . . AND I picked up a few extras . . . all for 50% off.  Now THAT'S a wonderful end to a crappy day.  I can't wait to get my picture put up on the wall, and enjoy a little creative down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment