Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010

Today I am thankful for God's strength . . . for without it I wouldn't have been able to do ANYTHING today. 



I woke up to a beautiful foggy morning . . .



and then proceeded to "play".  Eli and I watched some T.V., put a train track together, built a cabin out of Lincoln Logs, and just had a blast in general.  But alas, duty called . . .



With all the remodeling and home projects going on, cleaning has been somewhat of a challenge.  I've re-arranged furniture, and re-arranged it some more, trying to make due with what we have.  I had been using this particular piece as a make-do desk, when I moved my "real" desk upstairs . . . and then when we moved hubby's desk into my old spot and I finally got my computer moved upstairs; he started using this table as a catch all.  When he gets home from work tonight, he's going to get a big surprise.  All his excess paperwork and paraphernalia has now been moved to an 18 gallon tote next to his desk.  Maybe he'll get the hint and go through some of it in his spare time . . . like in May, when he finally graduates. 

But I digress . . . I scrubbed down this little spot (which used to be our old dining room), and moved this little table and chairs in, so the kids can use it for a breakfast area, instead of it ending up as a catch all.  I'm trying to "focus" on function here.



All that playing this morning must have worn Eli out.  I really wish I could have layed down with him . . . but it was almost time for Bayleigh to get off the bus.



It was still kind of foggy at 3:45 p.m., when I went out to get her off the bus, but the temperature was great!



The only thing I don't like about the snow, is the mud that comes after the thaw.



I hope the above photo doesn't scare you.  I caught a possum out on our deck eating the outside cat's food.  My little girl is completely terrified of the things.  I started to go for the .22 rifle, but my firearm of choice was closer.  One shot, one kill, two relieved kids, and one gun for hubby to clean later.  lol  By the way, honey . . . I only nicked the deck a LITTLE bit.  You probably won't even notice the hole!

4 comments:

  1. Neat blog - glad I stumbled upon it. Love your possum story; I recently had a possum on my deck, but I wasn't nearly as well-armed or proficient as you were. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post!!! showed your whole day of life!!! wonderful!!!!! keep shooting;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is the possum roasted?

    Nice story and some lovely shots to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comments. I'm still laughing at how indignant my hubby was that I used my 9mm pistol instead of the .22 rifle. He's going on and on about how the bullet I used cost a dollar and the .22 shell was only about a dime. lol

    Hassan . . . the possum is indeed roasted. Literally. I had hubby throw it in the outside wood stove when he got home from work last night. ;) Nasty, vile little things.

    ReplyDelete