Saturday, January 3, 2009

December 30, 2008

In reflection . . . it's so easy to lose sight of the real "reason for the season" . . .



with all the hoo haw about Santa and presents and such. Don't get me wrong! I like the magic and excitement of the season as well as anyone else . . . but I can't help but think that there is WAY too much emphasis put on Santa and not enough emphasis put on Christ. I DO like to watch the kids dig into their stockings . . .



but you know something? They get just as big a thrill from sitting by the Christmas tree and checking out all the lights and ornaments.




So my question is this . . . am I just a closet Scrooge? Or in the "search" to find the important stuff in life, have I just hit on something that needs a little more reflection?

No comments:

Post a Comment