Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24, 2009

Bayleigh and Kasey played over at grandma's house this afternoon, so I thought it would be a perfect time to come over and learn how to use mom's sewing machine. I'm working on my "Week in the Life" album for 2009, and I had this really cool idea for stitching around my pages, just to get out of my zone a little . . .



Above is mom doing my first one . . . just to test the settings on the sewing machine and such. My attempts weren't nearly as good, but I think with a little more practise, I might get the hang of things. (Mine look AWFUL! But that's alright . . . I did them all by myself!)


And I think the reason I'm so enamoured of the sunrises and sunsets this time of year, is that they give me a bright spot of color to concentrate my lens on . . . instead of the dull, drab monotony of the dormant landscape. I wonder how many different ways I can come up with, to take sunrise/sunset photos? I guess we just might find out, if Spring doesn't get here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment