Saturday, September 5, 2009

August 29, 2009

I woke up to a VERY foggy morning, but knew it would quickly disappear. I couldn't wait to get outside and capture a few shots before the sun came out in full force.



After I'd gotten the kids to bed last night, I went up to start peeling the tape off of my completely dried desk, and ended up having a little difficulty with the paint peeling; so I saved the rest for this morning, and took a craft knife to it to keep from peeling any more paint. I also noticed that in my haste to get this thing painted, I missed a few spots on the inside next to the doors. Live and learn . . .



My mom is such a sweetheart. She knows how much I'm wanting to get this all done, but trying to keep two kids occupied while I paint is rather challenging. So this morning she came over and picked up BOTH kids and I dove into the paint cans. I managed to finish painting the "closet" . . .




and hubby helped me bring the arm of my desk and a file cabinet upstairs for painting, before he left for work.




I primed it . . .



then went downstairs and threw in some laundry and dishes while I waited for it to dry. It only took me two hours to paint the closet and prime the desk, and when I called my mom to see if she needed me to pick up the kids, she'd already got Eli down for a nap. So I ran back upstairs and put the first coat of "Cowboy Boot" brown on, then touched up the peeled and unpainted section of desk number one.



Since I still had time on my hands I started sorting my ribbons, fibers, and flowers. Heavens! What a mess!


I ended up cleaning out a full one gallon zip lock bag, and sorting the rest into small zip locks by color and putting them all in a plastic storage container. I'll probably go back through them again, before I get moved in and see if I can find a better way to sort and store them.



It was a busy and yet productive day. Although I missed having the kids around, it felt wonderful to get so much accomplished in such a short period of time. Thanks Mom! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment