Monday, June 22, 2009

June 21, 2009

This was a surprising Father's Day! I woke up as usual and when I came into the living room/office I found a desk full of goodies and a sweet card from my hubby. He'd gotten an ice cream maker for the kids, and several hanging plant holders for me. I think he knows that I've been struggling with the single parenting thing, while he's been working and doing his studies. And I can't deny that I've been under a little pressure to make sure I get the kids where they need to be, when they need to be there, along with keeping up on the housework and the various other activities going on right now . . .



but I realize he's feeling a little pressured, too. He's missing out on all the fun stuff the kids are learning to do, and I KNOW he'd much rather be with us, than spending so much time studying and doing clinicals.




One more year! He'll finish up his schooling about the same time Bayleigh gets out of first grade. I know it's been a long haul for him, but he truly does love his work. The studying . . . not so much.


We made breakfast in bed for him this morning. Pancakes, with butter and syrup and a glass of milk. Eli carried the card, Bayleigh carried two tiger lilies, and I brought up the rear with the food. I think he was pleasantly surprised. At least he got to enjoy a few moments of his special day before heading off to work. Hang in there honey. It will all be over with soon! I'm so very blessed and proud to be your wife.

** The top two photos are of my oldest riding her bike to grandma's house for the very first time. The last photo is of her catching a baby frog. It was teeny tiny! **

No comments:

Post a Comment