Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 26, 2009

Warning: If you're a mouse lover, don't scroll any further!

This past week, while preparing for the garage sale, I found the evidence of a mouse (or mice), breaking through the small space around where our kitchen pipe comes into the house. I've filled this gap around the pipe with steel wool, but apparently these little rodents have eaten a hole through it, allowing them to break in to my lower kitchen cabinets. And I don't know about anyone else . . . but I truly detest these little rodents breaking into my home, gnawing holes in my muffin mixes and relieving themselves in my silverware drawer.

I don't really like the idea of using poison, because of my small children, and the fact that the mice can die just about anywhere, leaving a nice odor for you to track down . . . so I've been using the tried and true . . .



So far I've caught three of the pesky little things. I'm hoping in the following days that I can get my kitchen back in order and rid myself completely of these little bothersome creatures. Geez . . . there's always SOMETHING!

2 comments:

  1. Coming from someone who detests mice -- you go girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I hate mice. I remember our first house had some. My DH would set the traps at night and in the middle of the night you would hear SNAP!! My DH would sleepily say 'got another one' LOL!!

    Funny post!

    ReplyDelete