Friday, June 5, 2009

May 27, 2009

On Monday, we officially moved Eli into his big boy bed, I disassembled his toddler bed, and I moved back in with Dave. This has been a learning process for us all. To make a long story short, when Bayleigh was born, she was three weeks early and oh, so tiny! We made the decision, after we came home with her to let her sleep between us. At five, she's now sleeping on her own, but only since we finished up the kid's new rooms downstairs. As for Eli, he's always slept separately in his own bed, but in the same room as Bayleigh and I. So Monday was a big step for us all! I snapped this picture before the sun came up . . . of him in his big boy bed.



We also had a trip for Branson planned today, but decided to leave later than initially planned, due to the satellite tech coming to repair our internet/modem problems. We ended up hitting the road around noon, and I took a little something to occupy me during the 2.5 hour drive . . .


Gotta get my LOAD project done for the day, you know . . .



Silver Dollar City was a blast for us all. It was a PERFECT day to be out and about, with the temperature in the low 70's. Unfortunately the first ride Bayleigh conned me into riding was a water ride. A VERY WET WATER RIDE. I was the lucky gal in the front seat, and therefore got the water canon to the chest right before the end of the ride. I was SOAKED clean through! Fortunately both the kids liked to ride the roller coasters, and by the end of the day, I was ALMOST dry.



Eli JUST made the height requirements to ride the rides, and he rode them ALL! I was afraid he might not like them, but I think from the look on his face here, that he was on cloud 9. On the way home, Dave mentioned that he'd read the itty bitty writing on the ride rules and regs, of one of the last rides, and Eli also needed to be three. OOPS! I know we'll be going back before he turns three, so now I'm facing the dilemma of either following the rules and not letting him ride, or just go against my conscience and let him enjoy himself . . . ACK!




Toward the end of the afternoon, I finally let Bayleigh go on a few of the small kiddie rides by herself. She's going through an independent streak. I'm not so sure I like it, though . . . I really don't want her to grow up so quickly!

It was a pretty full day for us all, and we made it back home in time to stop by my mom and dad's to visit with my great-uncle and aunt, who were passing through. Wish I'd have thought to take some pictures while they were here. I must have been zapped of all strength . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment