Friday, June 5, 2009

June 4, 2009

Today was the day I went in for my yearly womanly exam. (YUCK!) My mom had her appointment right after mine, so we rode down together, shared some really off color jokes and laughed until we cried. It's rare that we get time together without the kids being along, and it was nice to just get out and spend some time together . . . even if it was for such an unsavory occasion.



And it just so happened that my WONDERFUL local scrapbooking store was doing something wonderful for the troops overseas. I brought in my box full of goodies, and addressed it to a special little lady that I've never actually met, but conversed with for almost 7 years, via the internet. The LSS is paying the shipping for all the boxes brought in. THANKS SHERRY! YOU ROCK!



And I just had to record this memory. My little girl still asks for me to tuck her in each night and read her a bedtime story. I know that soon, she'll be able to read by herself, and she won't want me to tuck her in anymore. She's growing too stinking fast! I'm glad she still wants me to tuck her in each night, and I'm glad she still believes in fairy tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment