Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12, 2010

It's 12 of 12 Day!  Twelve photos on the twelth of the month!

Today I am thankful for FRIDAY.  Because tomorrow, I don't have to fight with my oldest to get her out of bed and ready for school . . .

(*I'm glad she likes my teddy bear.  Al is the first teddy bear Dave got me, back when we were dating and I think it's sweet that Bayleigh thinks she HAS to have him to sleep with every night.)

I was feeling pretty sluggish this morning, but thankfully I got to sleep until around 4:30 a.m.  I guess Eli is just trying to get me adjusted to the time change coming up this weekend.  I picked up a multitude of cars scattered across the living room floor, fixed hashbrowns for breakfast, fed the outside cats and made all the beds, then Eli and I prepared for a morning of yard work.

Unfortunately the weather had other plans.  Like a steady drizzling rain.

So we came inside and cuddled up on the couch.  I tried to sneak in a nap, but alas . . . the BLASTED phone rang about the time I got settled in.  One of the locals wanting to know if I was coordinating our town Fun Day event this year (NO I AM NOT!), and also wanting to know if I could cook something for the annual Windy Days event (Sure! I'll fix some chili!).  Since Eli was needing to run off some excess energy, I just brought him upstairs with me and started in on cleaning some more of my retreat.

I managed to get my desk cleaned off, and some of the floor swept (thanks to my little helper).

I also did a little pre-prep work for the upcoming Sunday School lesson;

printed out Assignment #4 for Library of Memories, and added it to my binder;

placed our 4-H order for chickens;

and started sorting through all the unlabeled CD's.  I'll finish THAT little project up tomorrow.

I went out to do the chores and put wood in the stove and when I came back to the house, Eli had completely locked me out.  EVERY SINGLE DOOR was locked tight.  I had to ring the door bell and bang on the doors to get Bayleigh's attention, so she would let me back in.  I guess I'll have to start taking my keys with me when I chore . . .

I had been invited to a Stampin' Up get together for this evening, and my mom was kind enough to watch the kids.  When I got everyone loaded in the Jeep, I found that someone had left one of the interior lights on and the battery was dead.  So the kids and I just walked over to grandma's and mom let me borrow her car.  (There's always SOMETHING . . .)

On the way to Jessie's house, I got to cross this neat old bridge.  I've been wanting to take a picture of it ever since I went to one of her demonstrations back in October of last year.

We all had fun making some super cute cards and I got to visit with some actual adults.  It was nice to get out of the house for a while, and do something creative with friends.  What a great way to start the weekend!  I think I might just scrapbook tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. The teddy bear is amazing, I'm sure your daughter likes it. Your computer corner is really cute and very tidy, but that I already knew about you. I also love the shot where Bayleigh (I guess) is walking up the road.

    Great captures!