Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6, 2010

Today I am thankful for a day out with my mom.  We rarely get out together anymore, and when we do . . . we always have the kids.  But we still manage to have fun.

Today was the last day of Bayleigh's basketball camp.  (THANK HEAVENS!)  Eli quickly paired up with his little buddy Darby . . . although I think it's a little early for him to be playing "the ladies man".


And Dave got ready for work early, so he could stop by and watch Bayleigh play for a little while.


I think there was a lot more goofing off, than there was playing today, so we'll see if she's still interested in basketball, when the next camp rolls around.


As soon as we finished up with basketball, we headed home, changed clothes and headed to town with my mom.  The first stop was the farm supply store, and then it was off to have fun at the flea markets and antique stores.


I asked the lady at the counter if it was alright if I took photos and she said it was quite alright just so long as I didn't take HER photo.  So . . . I took a picture of their cool bathroom decor.  (Eli is like a dog and has to mark his territory in every store we enter.  **SIGH**)


And I took a few photos of things that drew my eye.  Like this old cash register (above) and the portable typewriter, which had a lovely price tag of $50 on it.  (I'm glad I found my older model at a garage sale for $5.)


I've always been fascinated by old calculators and typewriters.  They were the foundation of our modern day computers.  I'm glad to see that even though we've advanced tremendously, some things still stay the same.  (Like the way our modern day keyboard is patterned after these old typewriters.)


Bayleigh found two Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals that she DEARLY wanted, but I had to say no.  I hate saying no, but sometimes it's the only answer.  Her behavior today was truly awful, and I refused to reward her for bad behavior.  However, I've made a deal with her.  IF she makes 100% on all of her spelling tests for the rest of the year, we'll go back and she can buy them herself, with the money I'll give her for good grades.  (And if they aren't there . . . she can always purchase something else, or we'll just find them on Ebay.)


Although the weather was nice . . . it was overcast for a good majority of the day.  On the way home, the sun came through the clouds and I couldn't help but pull off the side of the road to get a shot.


When we finally made it back home, and unloaded groceries, I went out to chore and put wood in the stove.  As I made it to the dog pens, Ike was gasping for air.  He was doing his best to greet me with enthusiasm, although I could see it was causing him great stress.  So I fed him and gave him his medicine, along with some fresh cool water.  I sat with him for a short while, as he finished eating, and just stroked his fur and scratched him behind the ears.  I'm afraid his time is very limited, and I pray that he just passes in his sleep.  He's a good boy and I'll miss him when he's gone.

1 comment:

  1. The kids look really cute and I can see that Bayleigh really loves basketball.

    Is that a dog? Looks like a wolf to me ;) Its sad to hear that his time is limited.. Wish him well.

    The shot of the field, the antique store and bayleigh crying are really amazing.

    ReplyDelete