Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 28, 2010

Today I'm thankful for the freedom to worship as I choose.  I know I take this freedom for granted, and I truly hope that I will never see the day when that freedom is taken away. 


Teaching Sunday School for the small ones is such a joy.  (Although somewhat challenging at times . . .)  Eli has a thing for scissors . . .


and Bayleigh seems to zone out into her own little world most times.  I hope that at least some portion of what I'm teaching them is somehow sinking in.  I'm definitely underqualified for this position!


I've always been fascinated by the the architectural elements of our little church.  From the church pews . . .


to the long, regal windows.  There is just something special about being in the house of the Lord, where so many of His followers have sat, before my own generation.


After church, I did a little cleaning up in the kitchen, while I fixed lunch, and then got Eli down for his nap, while I did chores and put wood in the stove.  I was hoping to sneak a little nap in myself, but I think I'm destined for sleep deprivation.

Bayleigh read her stories to me, while I went through all of her school paperwork and got things ready for school tomorrow.  It looks like we'll have another busy week ahead of us.  I truly can't wait until school is out for the Summer!  All the extracurricular activities are KILLING me! 

1 comment:

  1. Eli looks bored on the first shot and him liking scissors is not bad at all. Think he'll become very creative in the future.

    Also, don't underestimate yourself, because I think you're doing a great job with the kids.

    Be patient with the activities, that's part of life.

    ReplyDelete