Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 10, 2009

Instead of waking to a gorgeous sunrise, I ended up waking about the same time a storm front was building off to the South. I immediately grabbed my camera and went outside to watch for a while before settling into my Bible study and Pilates workout. Below is a reflection off the door leading into the house from the South side of our deck . . . can you see the cool storm front in the background?



After 6 loads of laundry, a load of dishes, and three spic and span bedrooms, I decided to hunt Dave and Bayleigh down. While Eli was napping, they had snuck into Bayleigh's room to play Parcheezi . . . so I sat in for a hand, before starting up another load of dishes.




It rained all day, so I took a little break from all the housework, to sit out on the deck and just watch it rain.



Is it wrong that I stayed in my pj's all day long? Some days it seems like I just hit the floor running and I don't want to stop for something as trivial as changing clothes . . .



The sun finally made an appearance in the late afternoon. Bayleigh and I went out to check the garden . . .

and I came back in to run 1/2 mile of stairs, since my sister-in-law didn't want to walk in the rain with me. It DID quit raining around 6:30, and I took Bayleigh for a short bike ride to grandmas house. While I was there my sister-in-law called wanting to know if I'd like to go for that walk she'd cancelled out on earlier. Even though my thighs felt like jello, we made the two mile walk without incident. Boy I'm pooped!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! looks like a cozy, wonderful morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day at home..
    Do you think that's why God allows rainstorms.. so us women will stay put and clean every once and awhile..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I don't think God lets it rain enough around here. lol My house is always a disaster. I just tack it down as having 2 small children and a messy man around the house. ;)

    ReplyDelete