Friday, August 7, 2009

August 6, 2009

Mom came over to watch the kids while Dave and I opened up a new checking account. I've been nagging him to set up an "emergency fund" for a few months now, and when we got an offer in the mail saying we could get $150 for opening a checking account at one of the national banks, Dave thought it was time to look into it a little deeper. While we were out without the kids, we stopped by the library and I picked up several interesting sounding books . . .



I thought it was cute that Eli posed in the window for me, while holding "Comfort Secrets for Busy Women". Later in the afternoon, we did a little work on the yard . . .



With all those trees that fell during the storms a few months ago, we have a lot of clean up to do and very little time to do it in. I can't wait until Dave gets out of school next year. Maybe we can actually get our yard completely cleaned up and our chain link fence put up. Right now it pretty much looks like a disaster area . . .




It was another late night. I canned green beans, while Dave cut Eli's hair. This was Eli's first haircut at home, and I think we're going to just start doing our own barbering from here on out. It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. Eli wasn't really sure about the whole process . . .




but he liked the fact that he got to switch places with daddy, after daddy finished up with him . . .




Of course, I had to take over from here. We wouldn't want daddy to lose an ear now, would we?

No comments:

Post a Comment