Friday, August 28, 2009

August 26, 2009 ~ Keeping it Real Folks

As organized and obsessive as I am, I still deal with this . . .



For over a year, this space has been my office/temporary scrapbooking space. Work and play just don't seem to mesh very well in this location. Slowly but surely, things are starting to change, though. That back desk with all the *schtuff* on it . . . well, we moved it upstairs today, so I could prep it for painting.




I couldn't BELIEVE how much stuff that thing held! HAVE MERCY! I've already purged a bunch and still have a ways to go.




Dust anyone? Obviously dusting isn't my strong point . . .




but I FINALLY have my "Family" wall back. I'll be wiping it down and getting my family photos hung back up for everyone to enjoy, a little later this week.




As for the behemoth . . . I wiped it all down, took out the drawers and doors . . .



and put the first coat of primer on.



I can't wait to see how this all turns out. This is my first attempt at doing anything even remotely like this. Painting furniture may just become a new addiction of mine. But first we'll see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment