Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13, 2010

Today I'm thankful for naps.  I finally made it to bed around 1:00 a.m. this morning, and then had to get up early and get everyone around for Bayleigh's first Saturday of basketball camp.


I'm hoping she pays enough attention, to at least bring home a few tidbits of knowledge; but I'm not holding my breath on that one.  Maybe next week she'll calm down and do a little better job of listening and following instructions.  I'll be helping her out on some of the ball handling drills this week, so she doesn't feel quite so inept at it. She REALLY loves to play, and I am looking forward to helping her hone her skills.


At least Eli stayed occupied. He really behaved quite nicely.  (I probably just jinxed myself for next Saturday's camp.)

We had a busy morning, and when we finally made it home, I fixed lunch and everybody rested.  While Eli was still napping I came upstairs to work on my layout for the day, and ended up upgrading my anti-virus software, and cleaning off my desk, while I was waiting for it to update.  By the time I finished the update, Eli was awake and I had to throw together something quick, for my layout of the day.

I fixed supper and while the kids were eating, I came back upstairs to finish the layout, and eat a few of these awfully sour gummy worms. 


They're nauseatingly sour, but I couldn't stop eating them.  That must say something about my warped taste buds.

(The gummies are my favorite shot of the day.  I didn't spend much time behind the camera, and my eyes are too tired to focus.  Hoping to get to bed EARLY tonight, so I can jump back in tomorrow!)

3 comments:

  1. Just have to ask, Kyla, *how* did you get such an unfuzzy, clear shot of basketball??

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of concentration in the eyes of the kids and you can also see how happy they are.

    Eli looks so focused too and I think the gummies are very yummy.. I love sour gummies ;)

    Awesome capture..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy ~ I'm not sure about all the technical stuff, but I can tell you that I shot this one in Aperature Priority mode (AV on my Canon). And here is all the technical stuff, that I'm not really good at: f/5.60, ISO speed @ 1600 (the higher the ISO, the better, with moving subjects), shutter speed 1/80 of a second, no flash, with white balance set on florescent light.

    I'm just now starting to mess around with my white balance, after shooting in Manual mode for over a year. Nothing like learning by trial and error, and backwards to boot . . . lol! Sorry I'm not much help, but I hope that gives you an idea. If you have any other questions about the shot, just email me at the_kreative_life@yahoo.com. ;) I'll try to do my best to answer.

    ReplyDelete