Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 24, 2010

Today I am thankful for the priviledge to stay home with my children.  If I were a working mom, I wouldn't get to do things like this:


on a daily basis; or watch my children grow and learn; or support them and answer each of their questions, as best I can. 

Speaking of questions . . . Eli was looking through one of the scrapbooks upstairs, when he came across a picture of me a few days before he was born.  I was ENORMOUS.  He asked me this:  "Mommy?  How did you eat me?"  Hmmm . . . an interesting take on a pregnant woman's condition. 

I've tried to explain that he started out itty bitty and grew inside of mommy's belly, but he's still somehow conviced that I just popped him in my mouth wholem, and ate him.  I'm sure he'll figure things out soon enough.


I love all these bright colors lined up in a row.  This little art kit gets lots of use, and I'm so very glad both kids enjoy it.

I basically spent another day playing hooky from the housework.  I played with the kids instead. 

After Bayleigh got home from school, we dropped off books and movies at the library, and then we all went to the local Extention office for a bunny demonstration.


Since joining 4-H last year, she's been wanting a bunny to show and I think she's getting to an age where she can care for one herself.


So someday soon, we may be the proud owner of a bunny.  To go along with her chickens.  This years fair ought to be interesting.

We had a pretty late evening, but I managed to get the kids fed and put to bed before 10:00 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Cute little bunny and very sweet and caring kids.

    ReplyDelete