Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 17, 2010

Today I'm grateful for SUNSHINE and undemanding friends.  Like Elvis and Miss Kitty.


It's rare that I catch these two in a companionable moment;


when they're not sleeping, they're fighting or chasing each other through the house.


Miss Kitty is my cat.  She runs and hides when anyone else is around, but when I'm sitting alone at my desk, she will come out of hiding to curl up in my lap. 


Elvis is usually Dave's cat, and he can be found pestering Dave any time he sits down.  But today, I think he wanted to join in my scrapbooking fun.  Or maybe I wasn't trimming my paper to his specifications.


While I was scrapbooking, I noticed the sunshine coming through my window and dancing across my very first camera.  It truly amazes me how far we've come (technologically) in such a short period of time.


After I cleaned house this morning, I came upstairs to do some back-ups and photo editing.  I got quite a bit done, but I'm still editing January's photos.  Maybe tomorrow I can finish them off and get them downloaded to my secondary back up.  I sorted and edited until Bayleigh got off the bus, and then I bundled up both kids for a trip to the library and the grocery store.  On the way home, I happened to catch the sun setting in my side mirror, so I pulled off the side of the road and took a picture.  It seems like it's been FOREVER since I've seen the sun, and I regret that I spent my day indoors editing, when I could have been out taking more pictures.  But, alas, there is always something to do around here.  Maybe the sun will come out again tomorrow and I can sneak in a few photos.  Here's hoping!

(My favorite shot of the day . . . #3.)

1 comment:

  1. Mine is #4, but as usual I like all your photos.

    I hope you can sneak out tomorrow and get some outdoor photography time.

    ReplyDelete