Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3, 2010

Today I grateful for the simple things.  Like another gorgeous sunrise . . .


the antics of my 6 year old . . . who, although she's a big girl, held on to these little stuffed puppies until the bus came, and then kissed them goodbye . . .


my keys . . . which my youngest had "put away" for me; it took me over two hours to find them this afternoon . . .


a game of chess with my oldest . . .


the beauty and grace of the world around me . . .


my oldest losing a tooth that's been loose WAY too long, but not wanting anyone but herself to pull it . . .


and homemade pizza.  I tried my OWN take of the spinach and portabella mushroom.



It turned out surprisingly good!  I may have to experiment with another pizza tomorrow!

When I have days as hectic and crazy as today, sometimes it's nice to dwell on the simple things.  In amongst my crazy day, I managed to cram in a layout for the Layout a Day Challenge, catch up my blogs and emails, drive down to my sister-in-law's to take pictures of her kennel, make a trip to the grocery store, and still had time to maintain the house and fix a new recipe for supper.  Today is one of those days where my mind was going into warp speed, trying to stay one step ahead, and now I'm wired for sound and it's bedtime.  Hope I can wind down and get some sleep tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Bring it on!

    Another sunny day and a game of chess.. They both put a smile on my face. Well done!

    ReplyDelete