Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 14, 2010

Today I'm thankful for happy endings . . .


Today Dave graduated and my days of single parenting have come to an end!


I had the opportunity of sitting next to one of Dave's parent's close friends.  Ed is 84 and despite him recouperating from a broken hip, he was still upbeat and ornery.  We chatted during most of the ceremony and his spunk and bluntness about people and world affairs was quite entertaining.  He's what I would consider "a character".


It was pretty difficult to take pictures with everyone pressing around and shoving to get good shots, but I did manage to get a few decent photos before the ceremony was over with.  Like the one above of Dave exiting the room after receiving his diploma.

We're all very proud of him and what he's accomplished, and I know he's looking forward to moving on in his chosen field.



Eli was taken with his cap and thought he needed to wear it too.


And of course I forced the family to pose by the columns.


The architecture on campus was brilliant. 


If I had my choice of photo subjects . . . architecture would be at the very top of the list!


Elegant curves and walk ways . . .


of either concrete or brick . . .


the state capital building in the background, rising above the tree line . . .


the bridge across the Missouri River . . .  ahhhhh; so many unique things to photograph and so very little time today!  I've decided we MUST go back, just so I can walk the campus taking pictures.  lol


We ate at Hunan's in Jefferson City and the food was MARVELOUS.  If you're ever in Jefferson City, stop in and give their crab rangoon a try.

We finally made it home around 10:30 p.m.; got the children to bed and did a little catching up.

1 comment:

  1. Not that it will matter to Dave, but tell him how very proud I am of his accomplishments, and how honored I am to call him a friend. And as for you, thanks again for the amazing blog that keeps me up to date with some of my favorite people... and the pictures.. you are amazing my friend!

    JoAnne

    ReplyDelete