Friday, May 21, 2010

May 20, 2010

Today I'm thankful for sweet tea . . .

I spent a good portion of my day sitting in front of the computers, cleaning Dave's old laptop out for Bayleigh, while I posted music (I'm on the letter "T") to facebook.  I'm not used to staring at a computer screen all day, so it was rather trying, and I have a lot left to do.

At 6:00 p.m. we headed off to Bayleigh's baseball game, only to find out that we had a by this week, and she doesn't play until next week.  We had dropped Eli off at my mom's to play, so Dave, Bayleigh and myself headed off to Mr. Ed's to grab a few .70 cent ice cream cones, and then we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few items.  On the way there we saw some geese headed south . . . (*I have Dave trained to slow down (when at all possible) and roll the windows of the vehicle down, when I'm attempting to take pictures.  lol)

and I caught a few more glimpses of sunshine this afternoon!

The sun just kept on shining through the rain . . .

but I never was able to see any rainbows.

When we got to the grocery store, I sat in the car with Bayleigh, while Dave shopped (I dislike shopping . . . which is probably strange, since I'm a female and most females live to shop. lol).

On the way home we saw a ground hog by the side of the road.  Dave was nice enough to turn around and drive back so I could snag a few photos.  (Thanks honey!)  This guy was a little bashful, and he was eating that little bushy plant to the right.

It finally quit raining on us, as we made our way home.

So Bayleigh changed her clothes and she and I went to grandma's house.  She . . . much faster than I.

My mom's Peonies are starting to wither, but they still smell WONDERFUL.

Eli was riding his tricycle when I walked around to the porch.  He and Bayleigh were supposed to stay the night at grandma's, but Bayleigh ended up wanting to sleep in her own bed tonight, so grandma brought her back home.

While I was at mom's I goofed around with my 75-300mm lens.  (Actually all of these photos but the first one was taken with that lens.)

It's nice to try the limits of your lenses and capture things you normally wouldn't be able to capture with a regular kit lens.

But this lens, has it's limitations too.  I'd love to get a few more lenses to play with, but I feel like I need to master the ones I have, first.

It's been another busy day, but since I don't have to worry about school . . . I plan on sleeping in again tomorrow.  I'm going to enjoy the rest of the week and get back on schedule Monday.  At least now I have a little more flexibility in the mornings, and if I want to sleep in, I can!  I'm also thankful for Summer Vacation!


  1. Your sunshine photos are really amazing and I love the cute photo of Bayleigh sleeping.

    So, Bayleigh's getting her own laptop, must be really trilling for her.

    Can see that Eli's eye is still blue, hope he's feeling much better now.

  2. Thanks M. I was just glad to get out of the house and off of the computer! The sunshine was an added bonus! lol

    I think I've almost got the old (really old) laptop cleaned out for Bayleigh. I have several educational dvd's I'm going to be putting on it for her, and then I'm going to attempt spray painting it purple. (Wish me luck!)

    Eli's eye is MUCH better, but is now showing all colors of the rainbow. It doesn't seem to slow him down any. ;) Thanks so much for caring.

  3. Wish you much luck with the painting, don't know if I would have done that ;)