Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010

Today I'm thankful for good friends and good times.


Teaching Sunday School this morning was a little rough.  I didn't make it to bed until a little after 3:00 a.m. last night.  (Eli had a leg ache.)


And the kids were running in overdrive.  (*YAWN*)  But we made it through the day. 

My friend Nancy came over to visit right after church, and shortly afterwards, Eli took his nap, while Bayleigh watched a few cartoons and I finished up my layout for the day.  Then my (ex) sister-in-law stopped by to drop off a few things and she stayed and visited for a while. 

Later this afternoon, my mom came and picked up the kids, for a visit and I got down to business.  Dishes were calling my name and I went out and did the chores, while they were away.  The sun was at just the perfect angle, so I came back in and grabbed my camera for some fun outdoor shots.


Wild strawberry blossoms . . .


and sunlight filtering through the trees . . .


casting shadows and light . . .


into all the right places.  I love playing with light and shadow.


Of course, I didn't get far without my entourage.  This guy here likes to climb my pant leg every time I stand still for a millisecond . . .


and the rest of the crew never is very far away.


But Butterball (I mean BANDIT) is still my favorite.  He's frisky and fun to play with and he's one seriously spoiled outside kitty.

It's been another busy day and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. Kyla - I LOVE your back lit captures. Beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good friends and good times are hard to get these days, so you're 100% right when you say you're happy for both.

    The kids are charming and they're growing up fast. I also love the cat, its way too cute!

    ReplyDelete