Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28, 2010

Today I'm thankful for resiliency.  I had to make some hard, but necessary decisions today, however I know that with time these hurts will heal, too.


I let the kids play in the sprinkler's, while I watered the garden this afternoon.  I may have even gotten a little soaked myself . . .  There's nothing like running through the sprinkler's on a hot day . . . no matter how young or old you are.


After we came in from the soaking, we all took a shower.  It didn't take Eli long to fall asleep, draped over the arm of the chair.


Bayleigh got sent to her room for disobeying me, while I worked on cleaning up the kitchen and getting supper ready.

It was another lazy day and I spent several hours engrossed in Gayle Lynds' new novel "The Book of Spies".  (I'm really enjoying it, by the way; and I'll be staying up late and finishing it off in bed tonight.)

Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment