Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 5, 2010

Today I'm thankful for 10 minute cat naps.  Without one, I wouldn't have made it through the day. 

My morning was spent on dishes and laundry and then I decided to spend some time creating.  I got two layouts done before lunch and then I crashed.  Too many late nights and early mornings.  I somehow struggled through until about 4:30 p.m. But when Dave took the kids out to help plant garden, I laid down on the couch and caught a 10 minute snooze before Stacey knocked on the door.  (I truly believe my house is Grand Central.  If the phone isn't ringing, then someone is knocking on the door.)

She had just stopped by to pick up her bike, but since I was back up again, I just started supper and did the outside chores.

I fixed something simple (burritos), and Dave fixed the guacamole.


I thought it was funny when Eli asked Dave if he was making the Holy Guacamole.


Too many Skippy Jon Jones books.  lol  I love reading them too.


While I was outside choring, I snapped a few pictures of the garden . . .


and played with the sunshine.  (I really should get a Nikon for shots like this, but for now my Canon will have to do.)


Eli got to talk to Dave's folks on the phone this evening and I can't believe he actually sat still for a few moments.  Usually when he's on the phone he is a pacer.  Back and forth, back and forth.  He must have been tired from all the gardening.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a super busy day.  I meet with the band director at school for a few more music photos, I get my hair cut in the afternoon (FINALLY!), and then after Bayleigh gets home from school, we're heading to Springfield to meet up with Dave's folks.  I'll have to work hard at squeezing my layout in, and keeping the tunes rolling.  I guess I'll try to make it to bed BEFORE midnight tonight.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmm, Guacamole... deliciousssssssss.. We had a huge avocados tree in our back yard in Sierra Leone. Ate my heart out every time my mom made us some Guacamole.

    Eli's cute with the phone. He looks like a good listener.. Ladies will love him when he grows up ;)

    ReplyDelete