Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010

Today I'm thankful for flexibility.  I started off the day with a plan, but it changed mid-stride, before I really even got started on my to-do's for the day.

Instead of cleaning the bathrooms today, I sun-screened myself and the kids and took them outside to play, while I mowed the yard.  Halfway through the yard mowing, dark clouds started moving in and it started to sprinkle on me.  Luckily, it wasn't enough to deter me from finishing the lawn.

My mom was babysitting my niece this morning, so she came over while I was mowing and took the kids over to her house, so they could all play.


Mom brought them back over this afternoon, and I gave them both a bath, then I got Bayleigh ready for her baseball game.  About 30 minutes before game time the coach called to say the games had been called off due to the field being too wet to play on.


And it's a good thing, too!  Five minutes after I got both kids dressed and ready, they fell asleep.  I guess that's what a busy afternoon at grandma's does to them.


The new kittens didn't visit grandma this afternoon, but they had a busy day acclimating to their new surroundings.


They're awfully cute and I'm SUCH a sucker.  But I know we have to get rid of some of these cats!  I've already got the seven little kittens placed . . . they are just waiting on their pick ups.  So I went ahead and made the phone calls today.  I also received an email in regards to a local cat rescue, that finds homes for unwanted cats and kittens, so whatever we decide to get rid of, will be delivered there!  Luckily, I think we have homes for almost all the ones we are looking to get rid of.

I also spent some time upstairs today, cleaning on the old file cabinet Dave and I brought upstairs last week.  It was FILTHY!  I'm still wanting to paint it, but unfortunately the brass hardware doesn't come off of the front of the drawers; so I'm plotting a way to get around this road block. 

I'm REALLY hoping to get to bed before midnight tonight.  My layout for the day is done and I'm posting it as I type!

1 comment:

  1. Its cute seeing every one sleeping including the kittens. Great capture and showing them in on post makes a great scene.

    ReplyDelete