Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27, 2010

Today I'm thankful for air conditioning and the beauty that surrounds me every day.


Hubby decided to put the window air conditioning unit in my retreat this morning (THANK YOU SWEETHEART!), while I played games with the kids.  After lunch, Eli napped on me, while I read one of the books I checked out at the library yesterday.

Then it was time to get ready for Bayleigh's baseball game.  One of the regular coaches wasn't able to make it today, so I ended up filling in.


The kids got fruit roll-ups for a snack after the game and Bayleigh's happened to be an aqua blue.  Here she is, showing her attitude.


On the way home from the game, I pulled off the road and took a picture of the sun going down.



And after I got home, Bayleigh decided she wanted to go see grandma (since grandma had just been over and took Eli to her house).  I took my camera along and snapped a few pictures of the wildflowers growing along the side of the road . . .


and some more of the flowers that my mom has growing around her house.


And here is Eli showing HIS attitude.  He is fond of saying that he doesn't like me and he wants to stay with grandma all day and all night, then he climbs the hill over the cellar and sticks his tongue out at me.  It didn't take long for his attitude to change, when I mentioned going home for watermelon, though.  He grabbed my hand and basically pulled me home.  I'm thinking we're going to have to do some serious work on his attitude this Summer, though.  There comes a time when it just needs nipped in the bud, and there's no time like the present!

3 comments:

  1. You always seem to have your camera around to catch the best moments !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air conditioning??? Please tell me its a joke or that you're just teasing me? Its been cold like forever here.. brrrrr..

    Love bayleigh's attitude, she looks lovely and cute. Now to the sunshine and flowers, thanks for posting that, because I need to see those once on a while.

    So, Eli is grandma's kid, well I have one that's been with his grandma since he was born. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring him with me when I came to holland 11 years ago. He's almost 14 now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The camera is my personal version of the American Express card . . . I don't leave home without it. ;)

    M. No joking! It's HOT and humid here. Like living in a sauna. I'd be happy to send some of this warm weather your way.

    Thank you both for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete