Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30, 2010

Today I'm thankful for bits and pieces of time and trips down memory lane.


While I was digging up old photos for the girls to scrapbook yesterday, I ran across a batch of photos from my "before kids" era.  Dave and I were dating at the time, so I'm guessing I was about 23 or 24 in these photos.  My how time flies!  I hadn't really looked at them until this afternoon, when I was weeding through old photos to scrapbook . . . and all I can say is . . . the person you see in these photos isn't me.  lol


Eli fell asleep on my lap during church this morning.  And my mom ended up kidnapping both kids this afternoon, so I had the afternoon to myself.  Kind of . . .   I had my lunch in the oven and was watching "Sea Change" with Tom Selleck, when the neighbor called.  I had to run down to her house for a few moments.  My lunch was cold and it was 3:00 p.m., before I made it back home to finally eat and finish watching my movie.  Such is my life.


I wore my "new" shoes to church for the first time.  I picked these up at a flea market for $2.00 and they fit PERFECT.  I like finding a good bargain like this.


Dave called this afternoon to let me know he had taken two of the kittens to give to one of his co-workers, and shortly after that, the insurance adjuster called wondering if he could stop by and pick up a couple.  Four kittens down and three to go!  As soon as he left, I went over to pick up the kids from my mom's house.  She has three new ducks, that are adorable.


Eli was running around in his underwear (since he soaked himself with the water hose), and Bayleigh was blowing bubbles on the porch.


I think she gets just as much fun out of popping them . . .


as she does creating them.  It's good to be a kid.


On the way back home with the kids, I noticed the clouds swirling around in the sky.  I heard thunder this afternoon, so I'm not sure if we'll be getting any rain or not tonight.  It would be nice if it would rain just a little to cool things down for a day or so.

I finished my layout early today and I'm finishing up my blog a bit early, so I might even make it to bed at a decent hour.  What a novel idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment