Monday, December 14, 2009

December 13, 2009

Today was a trying day.  Kasey's birthday was today, and she ended up coming to church with us.  I'm glad Kasey came with us, but when all the kids are together, they act just horrid!  I guess they just feed off of each other.  It's enough to make you want to scream.

We had another Deacon's meeting after church, and on the way home, I stopped at the grocery store, so mom could pick up some groceries.  I stayed in the car with the whiney, crying kids, while mom shopped.  Bayleigh was sobbing something terrible, because she wasn't going to get to play with Kasey at grandma's house (due to her being grounded for bad behavior last week), and Eli was trying to break the door handle off the back door of the Jeep.  Kasey was actually the best behaved of the group.   

At was after 2:00 p.m. when I finally got dinner fixed.



And since Kasey took her baby doll to church, Bayleigh ended up taking her little Cabbage Patch doll too.  (That competition thing between the girls is REALLY starting to wear on me.  Just something else I need to address with my oldest. *sigh*)  As soon as dinner was finished up, Bayleigh brought Butterball into the house and replaced her Cabbage Patch Kid with Butterball in the little "car seat".  As you can see, Butterball was less than impressed with the whole procedure.

So I spared her any more embarrassment and put her outside, so Bayleigh could go through some more of her clothes.



So many stinking clothes!  I'm beginning to wonder how many WEEKS this is going to take.  Ah well . . . tomorrow will be a new (and hopefully better day).  I'm really looking forward to Christmas break when I can get my oldest home with me for an extended period of re-training.

And as I was fixing supper, the neighbor called wanting to come up and use our internet.   I'm glad everyone feels at home around here, but I REALLY wish I could have some semblance of peace and quiet. 

I need to get a good night's sleep and wake up with a better attitude in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment