Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 25, 2009

Christmas is indeed the day for magic and miracles.  Bayleigh just asked a few days ago why we didn't have snow.  It just wouldn't be Christmas without it.



Somebody else must have thought so too.  We woke up to a few inches of the white stuff, with it still coming down fast and furious.



Santa had filled the stockings . . .



and left packages under the tree.



But of course the stockings came first.  Books, Play-Doh and Movies for the kids and PJ's for the big kids.  Then it was on to the packages.  I always let the kids open mine for me . . . I think there is just something about unwrapping gifts that makes this day extra special for them.




And I'm so glad that Dave takes them shopping to pick out gifts for me.  It's always a pleasant surprise to see what they think mommy might like.



This year, I received a sweet little Christmas decoration to put out next year.  I can't wait!



Out of all the gifts that were given and received today, I think the miracle of a white Christmas was the best gift of all.  Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment