Friday, December 4, 2009

December 2, 2009

Today I resolved to get the house back in some type of order . . . so I touch up cleaned the entry bathroom, the entry, Eli's room, and the living room and I moved on to Bayleigh's room. It looks like I'll have to rope Bayleigh this weekend and go through her clothes yet again! She's outgrowing things WAY too quickly!

While I was cleaning away, the neighbor called to let me know that there was an eagle out in the middle of our field. Since it's very unusual to see an eagle in our area, I bundled Eli and myself up and headed out the door with my camera and zoom lens. Eli decided to stay on the porch and play with the kittens, while I walked out a little closer to snag a few shots.


My zoom lens isn't nearly strong enough to capture all the detail, but I was pleasantly surprised to capture not one eagle, but two! Maybe I can get some better shots of this pair, if they stick around long enough.


And after all the upset over Butterball being missing yesterday and this morning, she/it finally showed up around 2:00 this afternoon. I'm wondering if she somehow got shut in the chicken house yesterday . . . but I'm not 100% sure that's what happened. Either way, Bayleigh was very happy to have her home again.

For an after school treat, I made hot cocoa for the kids, and enjoyed a drink or two myself! There's nothing like a sip or two of hot chocolate to warm you up all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment