Thursday, December 24, 2009

December 17, 2009

Since Bayleigh is still grounded from riding the bus, I decided to take my camera with me again today and get some pictures of her in her classroom environment.



Before they settle into the regular classroom routines, they are asked to put their book bags and coats away and then sit at their desk and read quietly to themselves.



And I'm glad to see that our little school still believes in saying the "Pledge of Alligiance" each morning before starting class.  It takes me back . . . a LONG way . . . to my own childhood.



We got around to moving Dave's desk today, and I think it looks MUCH better here, than in the front entry way.  I guess moving his desk is ONE way of getting him to clean it all off. (heh, heh)



Of course we HAD to move his desk in order to set up the Christmas tree . .




and before we put all the glass (yes, I know I'm nuts) ornaments on the tree, I thought I'd get a fun repetitive type of family photo, reflected in their bright, shiny surface.



Dave instructed Eli on hanging ornaments . . .



and we let the kids take over from there.  I didn't try to re-arrange any ornaments this year, or fuss about balance and composition; I just let the kids have at it.  It's nice letting go of perfectionism.



When all was said and done, I think the tree turned out beautifully!  I'm counting my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment