Monday, December 28, 2009

December 27, 2009

After church today, we had Christmas dinner at my mom's house . . .



She always makes enough food for an army (and I always eat my fair share).



This Christmas has been a bit more tense, since my brother and sister-in-law separated back in November . . .



but at least everyone is still getting along fairly well, while these two work things out.



Wrapping paper flew in all directions, but when it was all done and the "smoke" cleared, Eli thought Uncle Kevin's tools were the bee's knees.



I do believe that the boy is obsessive about tools.  (He's found the screwdrivers I keep in my desk drawer, and ALMOST taken the bottom hinge off the door in my retreat.  I keep having to tighten the screws back in.  Thank goodness he can't reach the top ones, or he'd bring the door down on himself!)




We finally got home from mom's a little after 3:00.  Eli and I promptly took a nap, and then it was off to clean and get things caught up for our trip to Dave's folks tomorrow.  I was happy to see the sun come out late in the afternoon, and the cats were taking every opportunity to soak it all up.  Hope I can get it all done before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment