Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 10, 2010

Today I'm thankful for a metabolism that works overtime.  Today I grabbed my favorite pair of comfy, paint splattered jeans, and noticed they almost fell off of me.  I have mixed emotions about this.  I'm glad I'm toning up . . . but I'm just not ready to give up my favorite pair of jeans yet.  They don't even have holes worn in the backside yet!


After child number one, I was back in my "normal" jeans within a few months.  With child number two . . . well; he's 3.5.  I think you can do the math. ;)  I was up a few jean sizes, so about 9 months ago, I started a regular exercise routine.  I got stronger, but still wasn't toning up very quickly.  2 months ago I added Jillian Michaels to my workout and she's whooped my rear back into shape.  I've still got a ways to go on the toning up part, but I believe I'm getting closer to my goal at every workout.  I'm down to 110 pounds and I'm NOT changing my diet.  My metabolism is still pretty good, so I've decided to make up the difference with exercise. Even if I have to do two workouts a day. 


We all started off the day outside.  Doing yard work and meeting with an excavator, in regards to dozing the kid's play area flat.  It will be another month before he can get out here, but that should be perfect timing, since Dave will finally be out of school. 

Bayleigh and Eli were fighting like cats and dogs today. Chasing each other through the house at high speed, and picking on each other to see who could get the maddest and tattle the most often.  It's hard to concentrate with all the commotion, so it took me three times as long to edit/email photos and pay bills.  *sigh*  Somedays are just easier than others and my patience level was worn pretty thin by late afternoon.


Luckily my mom came over for a while, and she watched the kids while I got out of the house to run a few errands.  I love the colors this time of year; spring green, soft purples and pinks.  The sign that Spring is finally here.  Thanks for the breather mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment