Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14, 2010

Today I'm thankful for music.  All kinds of music.  Eli begged me to let him play the piano this morning, so opened it up and tried to show him how to play a few easy songs.


His attention span is WAY too short right now, but in a few years, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with.


I made it to bed around midnight last night, only to be woken at 2:00 a.m. with Eli's coughing.  Apparently he's dealing with some Spring allergies.  I gave him some Benedryl and was up until 4:00 a.m. with him.  When my alarm went off at 5:00, I really didn't want to get up, but Eli had other plans.  So I just finally gave up on sleep and sat with him to watch some TV before I had to get Bayleigh up for school.

Since he wasn't cooperating with a nap, I decided to just make myself accomplish something.  I managed to clean off my desk and do a little more sorting in my retreat.  In the meantime, Eli re-arranged things in my room and fixed a dinner of embellishments for him and his new imaginary buddy "Krypto the Super Dog". 

(I know, I know . . . I really need to make him wear clothes.  But he just takes them off and runs around in his underwear anyhow.  Hope I can break him of that before he starts school.)

It was after 3:00 p.m. before he finally dozed off.  I managed to catch a short 10 minute nap before my phone rang.  (Blasted phones!)  So while I was up, I headed back to my room to pay bills and balance the checkbook.  (I really shouldn't try to do things like that when I'm lacking on sleep, but I got the checkbook to balance on the first try; so I'm not going to second guess myself.  lol)

Another crazy day with even crazier people.  Gotta love my life . . . or be committed; and I don't think I would do well in an empty padded white room.  So I'm grabbing on with both hands and enjoying it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment