Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30, 2010

Today I'm thankful for little pauses in parenthood.  After I got Bayleigh off to school this morning, Dave took Eli out to help him plant peppers and tomatoes, while I did my "30 Day Shred" and grabbed a quick shower.  It's nice to be able to do these normal everyday activities without little helpers, for a change.


As soon as the boys came back in, I got Eli ready and we ran to the library in hopes of finding some material to photograph for my Music in May project.  Unfortunately our small town library doesn't have much to choose from . . .


but we picked up a few items in town and headed home in the rain.


These little flowers showed up a few days ago in the front yard, reminding me that I really need to get around and mow the yard.  *sigh*  It's that time of year again, but it will just have to wait until Dave is home to watch Eli.  I don't think I'm capable of mowing the lawn AND keeping up with a very fast, and very curious three year old.


JoAnne . . . this shot is for you!  Are you sure you can't take two?  They're getting to be REALLY cute . . . lol


And I'd promised to post pictures of my retreat before the end of the month.  (Nothing like cutting it close the the wire, huh?)


I've still got trim to finish and a door to paint . . . amongst some more sorting and purging . . .


but for the most part, it's clean and ready for


the L.ayO.ut A Day challenge and Sketchapalooza!


May is going to be full to overflowing with projects and events, but I'm glad I have a notebook to jot down notes, and an Etch-A-Sketch to wipe out the craziness of TOO MUCH INFORMATION running around in my brain.

I'm looking forward to new challenges, new projects and the thoughts of what tomorrow might bring!

1 comment:

  1. What a great start to May! Can't wait to see what you create this month!

    ReplyDelete