Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3, 2010

Today I'm thankful for schedules and planned out days.  If I hadn't had everything planned down to the wire I would NEVER have gotten it all done.  I started off with a load of laundry, boiling eggs, and broiling chicken,


and then I got everything prepped for coloring Easter eggs.


Eli had a grand time


playing in the multi-colored dyes.


And Bayleigh enjoyed putting the final touches on the eggs, 


along with putting up decorations.  (Yes, I know.  It's the day before Easter and I'm just now getting the decorations put up.)


After the decorations were hung, Dave mixed up a batch of bread for me to finish off, and I crammed in several loads of laundry, before I started putting the kid's "goodie" bags together for church.


As I was putting all this stuff together, and getting the kid's eggs ready for in the morning, I got to thinking about how commercialized each of the holidays are becoming.


This particular holiday isn't about eggs, or candy or the Easter Bunny.  Easter is about hope, and the greatest love ever known to man.  Jesus died on the cross for people just like you and me; to give us the hope and the means to make it to Heaven one day.  Have you ever really thought about the trials that Jesus went through for us?  And the grief that His Father must have felt in sacrificing His only Son?  If that isn't LOVE, then I don't know what is.  None of us deserve it, but it's there for us, none the less.  Have you accepted that love?

1 comment:

  1. Happy easter to you and your entire family.

    Oh my God, I'm tired of seeing eggs but these look really cute. Did you have fun painting them with the kids?

    Lovely photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete