Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 31, 2010

Today I'm thankful for those who have, and DO risk their lives each and every day to protect our freedom.  Your sacrifices are greatly appreciated by me and my family.


I'm back on track today.  Up at 4:30 a.m., and I hit the floor running.  I got my housework somewhat caught up, and then we decided to take advantage of some of the Memorial Day sales in the "big town".  Liz (the pretzel gal) was nice enough to let me take some photos of her making pretzels at one of the mall kiosks.  (*I always feel weird asking total strangers if I can take their photos . . . but I'm getting over it. lol)


After our mall shopping spree, we ate at a new restaurant (at least for us).  Romano's Macaroni Grill.  Can you guess what Eli had?  Yep!  Macaroni and cheese.


I had the mushroom raviolli and it was delicious!  (The only thing that would have made it any better was a little touch of spinach and some bacon!)  Bayleigh had a cheese pizza and Dave had some kind of chicken dish.  All of them were pretty tasty, and we'll probably drop in again sometime soon.


By the time we were leaving town, the sun was setting, but it left a nice reflection off of the clouds back to the East.  I caught this photo on the go, out the passenger window of the Jeep. 


As for the shopping . . . I HATE shopping for clothes.  (It's mostly the
"trying on" that I dislike.)  I haven't truly been shopping since I was pregnant with Bayleigh, almost 7 years ago.  I've clothed myself with garage sale finds and hand me downs from friends and relatives.  But the past few months I've noticed that none of my clothes fit anymore. 

I've dropped from a size 6 to a size 1 (never thought I'd see THAT size again).  All that exercise seems to be paying off.


So today I splurged on myself, and hubby did too!  We both got several new outfits, and all for under $150.  I was shocked!  The last time I bought new jeans they were over $60 a pair, so this was quite a pleasant surprise for both of us.  Thank goodness for Memorial Day Sales and coupons!

I couldn't find any running shoes that I really liked, so I settled for a new set of insoles.  I've got another 5k coming up this Saturday, and I'm hoping for a little nicer weather this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment