Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 19, 2010

Today I'm thankful for fun.  And LOTS of it.  Although the electricity went out last night about 2:30 a.m., and both kids ended up sleeping in bed with us AND staying awake until 5:00 a.m. tossing and turning until it came back on, I think today went rather well.  Dave and Eli played "Old MacDonald" this morning, while I cleaned up the kitchen in preparation for more cake baking.


I didn't have any eggs, so Bayleigh and I made a trip to grandma's for a dozen, and she ended up staying at grandma's house, since Kasey was there and she hadn't got to play with her for a while.


On my way back home, I ended up taking some pictures of mom's flowers . . .


She always has the prettiest flowers.


And I'm just lucky if I can get ANYTHING to grow.


The weeds and wildflowers I do just fine with, though.


Dave fixed up some of the first squash out of the garden for lunch . . .


and Eli helped me bake the cakes and cupcakes for Bayleigh's bowling party tonight.


We had a few nice storms move in last night and during the day, so the temperatures weren't too bad.


We made it to the bowling alley just in time to get everything set up before the guests arrived . . .


and both kids had a blast bowling.


Thank goodness for bumper guards on the kids lane!  The adults played in the next lane over, and we all had a great time.  I even ended up with the high score for the adults . . . a whopping 112!  We'll be joining the pro tour soon.  lol


I really liked the fact that the bowling alley does their own little thing for the kid's birthday parties.  Giving them a bowling pin for everyone to sign is such a unique gift and something I know Bayleigh will cherish for a long time to come!

We'll have to do that again some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment