Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8, 2010

Today I'm thankful for 3:45 a.m.  That's the time I got up this morning, in order to get everything done that I needed to get done, before we left for our 8:00 a.m. dentist appointments.


Some storms moved in this morning and it ended up raining on us a few times, while we were out and about.  As I was getting my teeth cleaned, Dave took the kids to the local park, and then we did a switch-a-roo and I took the kids back to the park while Dave had his teeth cleaned.

Then we made a mad dash home so the kids could change clothes, and we were back on the road to Columbia, so he could pick up his transcripts from M.U..


Jesse Hall is a beautiful old building, and I was looking forward to taking some more pictures of it, while Dave finished his paperwork up. 


The kids and I had fun on the third floor.


So much beautiful architecture;  stained glass, colored inlaid tiles, open balconies . . .


I could spend days soaking it all up.  Even the sidewalks are inspiring.


Nowadays you have to PAY to park on campus, but I'm sure there was a time, not very long ago, that you didn't.


And I remember watching Van Halen in concert at the Hearnes, back when I was in college.  They always put on a great show.


The lines of the bridge across the Missouri River always seem to draw me in;


and I always manage to get a shot or two, just for fun, so I grabbed these two on the way back home.


Our day wasn't quite over yet, though.  We JUST made it to Bayleigh's baseball game with a few moments to spare.  We didn't have time to run to the house for her uniform shirt, so she just played as she was.


She got two good hits and Eli cheered her on.

After ice cream at Mr. Ed's with the rest of the team, we finally made it home around 8:30 p.m.  Ever so humble, there's truly no place like home!

I'm planning on another early night, and I may even sleep in tomorrow morning.  It will be nice to have a few days at home.  I've missed it!

2 comments:

  1. Have I ever mentioned that your photos are getting better and better every day?

    Tell Bayleigh that I'm proud of her, she looks really focussed and I love the way Eli is cheering.

    You must be a proud mom..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks M. I continue to plug away, with all the different modes and settings. Maybe someday I'll understand what they all mean. lol

    I'll pass along your compliment to Bayleigh. She's doing such a wonderful job. I guess it's just the job of a mom to be proud of her kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete