Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010

Today I'm thankful for endurance and short bits of time to myself. 


I cleaned house this morning, and then I ended up watching my niece, while my mom did some weedeating and yard work in preparation for the garage sale I'm apparently having this coming weekend. 

(*I get volunteered for a lot of things, and just told at the last minute.  Such is my life.)

After mom got things set up to her specifications, she took Kasey AND my two back to her house to play; so that gave me a much needed afternoon to myself.  I probably should have been sorting and digging out stuff for the garage sale, but instead, I did my 10 minute Pilates warm up, ran 3.03 miles in 40:01 minutes, showered and watched a movie on television.  I rarely get the chance to sit down and watch TV, and it's something I feel is a total waste of my time, but every now and again, it's nice to plop down on the couch and enjoy getting wrapped up in a good comedy or action adventure.

I was really feeling unmotivated in my photography today, so I just snapped a quick shot of the treadmill with my mileage and time.  I'm still feeling that I'm not hitting my stride quite right.  Tomorrow I think I'll up the speed a little.  Today I ran on a speed of 4.5 for the first 2.5 miles (which for a lot of people would be a really brisk walk . . . but I'm short.  So I take twice as many steps as a lot of people.  lol).  I jumped the speed up to a 6.0 for the last half mile or so.  I just can't seem to figure it all out.  I'm sure it will come with time, once I get adjusted to things . . . and I'm pretty happy with the fact that I haven't fallen off of the thing . . .  YET!

No comments:

Post a Comment