Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9, 2010

Today I'm thankful for FOCUS.  That one little word has made such an impact on my daily life.


Eli woke me up at 3:00 a.m. and I finally got him back to sleep around 4:30.  Since I was already up, I just spent a little quiet time on the couch, looking out the window and listening to the little birds as they started their own day.

It seems like I don't take nearly enough time just soaking things in like that, but I'm thinking it's about time I got my "focus" back, and started journaling again.  There are so many things that run through my head on any given day, and yet the majority of them are lost in the busyness of life.  I*need*to*slow*down.

As I was getting ready to take some photos of what I accomplished today, I looked out to see the kittens sleeping in the chair outside the back door.  So I decided to play around in manual mode, and see if I could get the little buggers to cooperate.


These are all SOOC (straight out of the camera), with a highlight on contrast in PSE7.


I thought they turned out rather interesting and this was my five minutes of fun for the day.


While the kids played "camp out" in Bayleigh's room . . .


I concentrated on getting the laundry done, and getting it all put away.  Since the majority of the clothes were mine and Dave's, I decided to go ahead and clean out my side of the closet and my dresser.  I ended up with two garbage bags full of clothes to donate.

I've come to the conclusion that nothing will change me at this point in my life.  I'm a jeans/cut-offs and t-shirts (or sweatshirts) kind of gal.  Although I like pretty, stylish clothes, I rarely wear them.  They make me feel uncomfortable and they're not who I really am.  I saved a few nice dresses and skirts for church and those rare occassions when I need one to dress up for something, but other than that . . . my closet now reflects who I truly am.  As it should! 


The above sight is almost miraculous at my house.  Three empty laundry baskets.  No clothes to wash, fold or put away . . .

That means, tomorrow I can PLAY!  (Or at least concentrate on cleaning another location.)

2 comments:

  1. Kyla, I don't like cats (I'm a dog guy) but those shots you took have turned out fabulous. Strong contrast, great lighting and being candid have really gotten you some winners here.

    I didn't know you where a journalist before. Must be a really exciting profession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joel! (*And I'm not a journalist in the true sense of the word, I just like to jot down the funny things that run through my mind occassionally, so I can refer back to them now and again.)

    ReplyDelete