Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10, 2010

Today I'm thankful for the little beam of light at the end of the tunnel.

It seems like I've had to be somewhere every day for the past two weeks.  After church tomorrow, I get a short reprieve before we start swimming lessons on the 19th.  If it were up to me, I'd rarely leave the house.  I'm an introvert and I'm perfectly happy staying at home cleaning and watching the kids. 


We've gotten a few eggplants out of the garden recently. 


This particular eggplant ended up in pizza, which Dave fixed for lunch;  before we headed out for Bible School.


We were short a few kids today, but these two always seem to get along famously.  I think if we can make it through their program in church tomorrow (without chaos reining), it will be a MIRACLE.


After we got home from Bible School, I rested for a bit, and then finished picking a 5 gallon bucket full of green beans from the garden.  It looks like I'll be dragging the canner out  . . .


It was nice and peaceful outside and I enjoyed the antics of the two little kittens that we still have.  It looks like they'll be joining the outside cat family for good, since we've given them names.  One is Lucifie, and the other is Zikafoose.  (I hope Bayleigh lets me name her children, when the time comes.  There's no telling what she might come up with! lol)

After I picked beans, I jumped on the treadmill for 2.55 miles in 30 minutes.  I think I'm over the halfway mark on my 50 miles for the month, so if I can get in at least 2 to 3 miles a day I should meet my goal by the end of the month.

Now I'm off to prepare for my Sunday School class tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment