Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30, 2010

Today I'm thankful for big puffy white clouds and sleeping in. 

Today was an extremely busy day.  I had to get everyone up and ready to run errands this morning.  A trip to the gun shop for primers, stopping by the bank for my mom, and a trip to Springfield to pick up my new glasses, before swimming lessons.


On the way back from Springfield, mom and I decided to stop by Fair Grove to check out a local flea market, since we had an hour to spare before swimming lessons.


This place was PACKED with treasures and I wish we'd have had more time to browse (without small children).  Can you spot me in my new glasses in the above photo?



They're taking a little getting used to, since I decided to take a bit of a walk on the wild side.


I tried them on at the store several times.  The first time I laughed out loud.  But I liked the color, so I kept coming back to them.


Totally nerdy and not my style . . . but I think I like them.


They're growing on me.


My second pair is much more tame.  I'm sad to say I have to buy little kid's frames to fit my face . . . but sometimes it DOES have it's perks.

Eli doesn't like my nerdy glasses, but I'm sure he'll get used to them soon.

Both kids passed their levels at swimming lessons, so they can move up next year.  I'll be holding Eli back to level 2 again, just so he has another year to build up some strength.  He was the "little kid" in class this Summer, but next year I see him really taking off!

After we got home I threw a little lead down range in an effort to practise for tomorrow's big benefit shoot.  Hope I can hit what I'm aiming at tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment