Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16, 2010

Today I'm thankful for forward progress and rain!


Most of my day was spent on laundry, dishes and cleaning and vacuuming the living room.  There was a lot to pick up and put away today . . . but since 99.9% of it belonged to the kids, I put them to work cleaning.

Bayleigh gave me a little attitude this morning, so she spent a few hours in her room . . . where she finally got tired of screaming at me, and fell asleep.  I'm hoping this is a short lived phase she's going through.  I don't know how much more I can take.  So much whining and pushing, just to get her way . . . What she hasn't realized is that I personally taught "stubborn" to a mule, and when I draw the line, there is no crossing it without some form of disciplinary repercussion.  I've thought several times here recently, that she's getting to be too big to spank, but today I think I shocked her with a few swift swats to the fanny. I do believe I got her attention though, before I sat down with her and had "a little talk" about her attitude.  I'm not sure if it was the talk, or the nap she ended up taking a short time later, that finally brought about a change in attitude.  (Probably the nap.)

Other than the temper tantrum this morning, today has been a wonderful day.  I accomplished quite a bit, and still had time to squeeze in a few breaks during the day.

I ran 3.0 miles today in 35.20.  It felt good to up the speed and tack on that extra 5 minutes.  Tomorrow I'll probably drop the speed a bit, but keep to the 35 minutes.  I'm really trying to keep to the baby steps, to avoid injury . . . but on days like today; where my stride was right on the money, and I was completely relaxed the whole run; it was hard to make myself stop.  It felt wonderful. 

And after the hot and humid day we've had, it finally came a huge downpour around 8:00 p.m.  I'm glad I didn't have to go out and water the garden this evening.

I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend, before we gear up for more doctor's appointments and swimming lessons next week.  I'm desperately needing a vacation from Summer vacation.  lol

1 comment:

  1. I see you're still running even though you're having problems with your hamstring. You're a strong woman that won't allow anything to bring her down. Keep it up my dear!

    ReplyDelete