Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19, 2010

Today I'm thankful for motivation and the diligence to see things through.

Monday's are always my busiest day of the week and today was doubly so.  I'm still washing bedding (mine and Dave's) at 11:00 p.m.  I started the day a little sluggish and behind schedule, but after I fed the kids, I jumped on the treadmill and ran 2 miles in 21.54 minutes, and finished out with a total of 3.03 in 35 minutes.

Then my mom came over to pick up the kids.  (She's had Kasey all weekend, and I think it's easier for her to get things done around the house, when all the kids are there playing together, and keeping each other occupied.)  So while the kids were at mom's, I brought out the border adhesive and the other roll of border, to finish up Eli's room.  (*That self adhesive border didn't stick worth a hoot, so I had to take it all down and start from scratch today.  I'm hoping this adhesive works, since it took me three and a half hours to take it all down, clean the walls again, and put it back up.)

In between working on the border in Eli's room, I did several loads of laundry, and got things packed up and ready for their first day of swimming lessons for the year.


Eli took to it like a fish!  Both he and Bayleigh will be moving up to a little more advanced level tomorrow.  Neither of them have any fear, and it scares me to death!  I'm hoping they truly DO learn how to swim fairly well by the end of next week.


I also saw a few people I hadn't seen since high school!  It was great seeing them and catching up a little bit.
Tomorrow, I guess I get to don the swimming attire and jump in with Eli, since he can't touch the bottom of the pool.  I didn't know about that little tidbit until one of the instructors told me. EEK! 

After swimming lessons, we headed straight home so I could finish up laundry, pay a few bills, and do a little more cleaning, since I'm not going to be home most of the day tomorrow.  (Eye appointment for me and mom @11:00; Dentist appointment for Eli @ 2:00; swimming lessons @ 5:15 . . .)  I hope I can make it through tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment